Återfallet

Välkänd medlem
6 sept 2008
kiruna
Saxat från testet:
Review of the ETS SC-10 "Energy Transfer System" from A.D. Boivin
Publish date: Nov 1, 2005
By: Matthew Baynard

After a few hours in the seat of the 1999 MXZ 600, the feeling in the seat of my pants confused me.
When speeds increased and the trail got really rough, the front suspension was pure paradise and the

rear was able to soak up the worst the trail had to offer. By contrast, when the pace slowed and the
bumps were smaller, the sled tried to buck me off. All to often the sled found the seat of my pants.

Regardless of speed, the washboard trails would get the sled kicking back and forth. No amount of
suspension tuning eliminated the ‘kick back’ and ‘bucking’ of the sled.

A dealer told me the Accelerator and Control Modulator (ACM) was poorly adjusted and I should soften
the rear springs. Adjusting the ACM would not have eliminated the problem since the ACM couples the

rear swingarm to the front and its primary function is to limit weight transfer. Limiting the weight
transfer does keep the skis from lifting, but does nothing to keep the rear end on the snow. Dialing

in a softer setting for the rear springs caused my 220 lb. build to bottom the sled in the rough stuff.
Adjusting the front suspension setting, which is based on rider weight, provided no relief from the tail
kicking MXZ.

After a bit of Internet research, I found the ride quality issues of my MXZ are not specific to the 1999 MXZ,
but to all SC-10 suspensions from Ski-Doo. The SC-10 design of a front swingarm and a rear swingarm is prone

to generate a kick back effect over moderate washboard or stutter bumps. The simple solution to my problem was
to couple the front and rear swingarms, limiting the range of motion in the rear swingarm.

Coupling Benefits
SC-10 ETS Kit

Coupling for the SC-10 ETS kit is basically linking the front swingarm to the rear swingarm on the SC-10 suspension.
The ACM does just the opposite, it links the rear swingarm to the front swingarm, which does little to improve ride

quality. To explain differences even further. When the front swingarm contacts a bump, the front to rear coupling
limits the movement of the rear swingarm, which forces the rear of the swingarm of the suspension to rise so that

the impact to the rear suspension is not as severe. That translates to less kick back. With the ACM, as weight is
transferred, the front suspension is forced down. This is how the ACM controls the amount of ski lift during heavy
weight transfer loads.

Understanding that coupling benefits will be maximized when the front swingarm’s travel is maximized is key to
understanding why the kit performs so well. In the coupled suspension, you want the front suspension travel to be
as great as possible to absorb more of the bump impact. Longer travel also translates to greater transfer of energy
from the impacted bump and the generation of vertical downforce at the rear suspension because of the front to rear coupling.

Hoppas du fick ut nått av det där!?

ricky

Välkänd medlem
9 nov 2006
Saxat från testet:
Review of the ETS SC-10 "Energy Transfer System" from A.D. Boivin
Publish date: Nov 1, 2005
By: Matthew Baynard

After a few hours in the seat of the 1999 MXZ 600, the feeling in the seat of my pants confused me..................
Tackar, men jag kom in på sidan till slut.

Vad jag har förstått av mitt lilla ordföråd i engelska så ska staget förbättra boggien så den inte är lika aggressiv efter guppig led, dvs att den flyter på bättre.

Om jag inte har fel så är det något man "köper" till skotern för att förbättra boggien. Så stagen går lika gärna att ta bort?

Sen snubblade jag över ACM muttern i texten och undrar vars den sitter?

ricky

Välkänd medlem
9 nov 2006
Ta inte bort stagen. De gör ju din boggie bättre! :)
Jag har hört att skotern ska resa bättre om jag tar bort dem där stagen. Kan någon bekräfta? Svara bara ja eller nej om ni vet. Helst inget gnäll, alla vill ju ha sina res :D

Återfallet

Välkänd medlem
6 sept 2008
kiruna
Jag har hört att skotern ska resa bättre om jag tar bort dem där stagen. Kan någon bekräfta? Svara bara ja eller nej om ni vet. Helst inget gnäll, alla vill ju ha sina res :D
[FONT=ARIAL, Helv, Helvetica]Det står ju: [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, Helv, Helvetica]A very slight reduction in ski lift is also a by-product of the kit installation

alltså minskar kitet skidlyft en aning..
[/FONT]

ErikBerg

Välkänd medlem
14 apr 2006
Utanför Umeå
Hej!
Du får väldigt gärna ta lös ett stag, rita av det och scanna in...vore guld för alla oss som är sugna på att prova ETS! :)

ricky

Välkänd medlem
9 nov 2006
Det skulle jag kunna göra, men har tyvärr inte grejorna här nu, men kan fixa det inom några dagar!

2stroke

Välkänd medlem
31 dec 1999
Norrbotten
www.lynxtalk.se
ETS

Hej, stötte på dessa "stag" i min boggie och funderar vad det är för något?

Ser ut att vara hemmabyggt.

Någon som har en aning ?
Går dem att ta bort?

Skotern är en mxz 600 -99!

MVH ricky

Bild:
http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mxz2zg2.jpg

Du har ett äkta ETS kit i din boggi !

Ta inte bort dem.
De gör ju din boggie bättre! :)
Exact !

Jag har hört att skotern ska resa bättre om jag tar bort dem där stagen. Kan någon bekräfta ?
Jaa, den reser mer utan.

Hej!
Du får väldigt gärna ta lös ett stag, rita av det och scanna in...
vore guld för alla oss som är sugna på att prova ETS ! :)
OBS !!
Fungerar enbart till SC-10 med ACM
Således bara de boggies som har "rising rate" modell av SC-10 boggin.
* typ MXZ med vätskekylda motorer ( SC-10 , Cross Country ).
* typ nyare Formula-Z, Mach-1 +några till ( SC-10 , High Performance )

Last edited:

Hellboy

Välkänd medlem
25 okt 2004
Ske-å
Jo jag skulle mer än gärna vilja få ner skidorna istället för upp dom, så ett ETS kit skulle sitta fint, lägg gärna ut ritningen när du är klar :rock:

Nestander

Välkänd medlem
17 jan 2007
Jo jag skulle mer än gärna vilja få ner skidorna istället för upp dom, så ett ETS kit skulle sitta fint, lägg gärna ut ritningen när du är klar :rock:
De är ganska många delar i kittet, inte så lätt att göra ritning på.

ricky

Välkänd medlem
9 nov 2006
De är ganska många delar i kittet, inte så lätt att göra ritning på.

Det har du helt rätt i :hmmmm2:.. Vad kostar det att köpa ett ETS kit?

Hittade ett kit på PDSAB för 1200kr (ord. pris 2495kr) för er som också funderade.

Där står det även att kitet passar till följande skotrar:
Passar till Ski Doo
Mach Z -97-02
Mach 1 -97-02
Formula III 800 -02
Formula III 700 -98-02
Formula III 600 -97-99
MX Z 670 -96-99
MX Z 600 -99
MX Z 583 -96 -99
MX Z 500 -98 -99
Formula Z 583 -96-99