Nu går vi offtopic här, men detta hittade jag angående brp kylv. Nu vet jag ej ifall den ena är propylen och den andra etylen, men generellt sett kan man väl säga att det ej ska blanda vissa kylvätskor med andra oavsett ifall båda är av samma "sort".
BRP is now offering long life antifreeze for all vehicles platforms. This new antifreeze can be identified by its orange color and is being introduced on 2014 vehicles.
▸Long life antifreeze◂
▸Finland, Norway and Sweden◂
▸619 590 204◂
▸All Other Countries◂
▸219 702 685◂
NOTE: The following vehicles are not affected by this change.
ORANGE antifreeze provides:
- A longer service interval
- Similar properties in heat transfer ability
- Increased corrosion protection
- Improved boiling behavior (erosion in the water jacket).
1. Due to major differences in chemical composition, this new ORANGE antifreeze should not be mixed with the previous GREEN coolant or any other coolant types.
NOTICE Mixing different coolants could compromise the properties of the coolants and could form also a gel-like substance that could inhibit coolant flow.
- Some of BRP's 2014 service publications such as Predelivery bulletins, Shop Manuals and Operator's Guides might refer to the inappropriate antifreeze. Always validate which color of antifreeze is used in your vehicle before performing maintenance or repairs.
- Should you choose to replace the old GREEN coolant with new ORANGE antifreeze , proper cooling system flushing is required.
To change from GREEN coolant to ORANGE antifreeze you must fully drain the cooling system as per the instructions in the appropriate shop manual.
Before refilling the cooling system:
- Add distilled water to the cooling system and run the engine to operating temperature.
- Allow the engine to cool.
- Drain distilled water.
- Refill the system with the new antifreeze.
NOTICE The refilling and bleeding procedures are specific for each model of vehicle. Always refer to appropriate shop manual.